Hi-Wire Ltd is part of the Superior Essex group of companies. Superior Essex is a global leader in the design, manufacture and supply of wire and cable products. They are the world's largest producer of magnet wire, also known as winding wire, an insulated copper or aluminum conductor used by major original equipment manufacturers and distributors. Superior Essex operates 26 manufacturing facilities in the United States, Mexico, France, Germany, Canada, Italy, the United Kingdom and China. They have more than 4,400 employees working around the world to supply the quality products that are essential to the operation of a wide variety of everyday household items and critical to day-to-day business operations.
In 2008 Superior Essex was purchased by LS Cable. The Company is a leading wire and cable manufacturer with headquarters located in Korea. LS Cable has 6,100 employees and more than 25 manufacturing sites located in 12 countries, with operations on three continents. LS Cable provides a wide range of energy and telecom cable solutions as well as electronic components and industrial machinery for the energy infrastructure, construction, automotive, railway, telecommunication and electronic industries.
- The company procures, stocks and distributes wire, strip and ancillary products.
- The primary objectives of the company are to generate profit for the shareholders and to secure / sustain employment for its employees.
- The company must respect national and international laws, environmental rules and the ethical standards of the country and industry whilst working to attain its targets and objectives.
- As well as company results and performance, Management is responsible for its employees health, safety and welfare and for ensuring that everyone works in a clean and safe environment.
- In turn, all employees are responsible for the results of the company, for respecting the above mentioned laws and obligations and for the health and safety of themselves and others.
- Two key aspects of the company’s success are the Customer Policy and the Quality Policy.
- The continuing and improving satisfaction of our customers is the key to the future of the company and its employees.
- Each and every employee has a responsibility for improving customer satisfaction in whatever way possible.
- Each and every employee must strive for continuous improvements in all areas, on all processes and on all products.
- Market awareness is vital we have to understand our market, and also our customers’ markets, in order to make informed decisions in respect of both customer needs and company strategy and direction.
It is the companys policy to continuously improve on its performance as a stockist and distributor by improving customer satisfaction. This shall be achieved by:
- Identifying, understanding and meeting customer requirements.
- Delivering products and service that can be accepted by customers without doubts.
- Developing and using a QMS certified to BS EN ISO 9001:2008
- Continuously reviewing all aspects of the QMS for improvement opportunities and implementing these.
- Establishing and regularly reviewing objectives set to enable the policy to be met.